Love in Panels started out by covering the intersection of romance and comics. With a searchable database and ongoing blog, it's the place to go for modern romance comics.
As with any media, comics span a range from "just a dash of romance" to "romance, straight-up." We aim to match readers with the comics they want, based on the romanceiness, explicitness, and format they seek. We'll post updates when new Kickstarters launch, when webcomics pop up, or when creators announce a new graphic novel. By covering all publishers and formats, we hope to help you find the content you crave.
More about our Comics Ratings and Philosophy over here.
This is where we talk about all of the other fabulous places romance appears, like romance novels, games, television, and movies. Expect a variety of content, including:
- Reviews and speculation
- Guest posts and Interviews
- Monthly "Top Picks" and "Top Off Your TBR" posts
- A database for all the books we review, searchable by trope, genre, etc!
Will You Review My Comic/Book?
Maybe! Send Suzanne an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- We try to respond to all submissions, even if only to say that we won't be able to review the work.
- We accept print and digital copies for review. We also review audiobooks!
- Works may be given a short review in our mini-review columns, or a full stand-alone review. This is at the discretion of the reviewer and has nothing to do with the quality of the work.
- We review backlist titles and new releases. Most of the comics we review are older or ongoing webcomics, for example.
- We do not review most "dark" work. For comics, this means graphic violence, particularly if it's targeted at LGBTQ+ characters. For comics and romance, this means incest, dubcon, and other taboo or "dark" themes.
- We will consider any contemporary, historical, queer, sci-fi/fantasy and paranormal romance title you wish to provide for review.
- Suzanne occasionally reviews erotic romance/erotica, but we are not accepting review submissions for that category at this time. Likewise for Young Adult titles.
- We're particularly interested in work from Authors of Color and f/f romance. You got a romance with two brujas in love? SEND IT.
- If you'd like your work reviewed by a specific reviewer, please note that in your request. We won't be able to accommodate all requests, but we will always be transparent with you.
- We do not review serial romance until the book is finished, but we will accept novellas.
- Comics we review must contain queer or romantic elements and can range from coming-of-age stories to explicit erotic comics. Most fall in that in-between place, with a central love story that drives the plot.
- We will review comics in most formats, but if your work only exists on Tumblr or DeviantArt, we are much less likely to review it. (Anything we have to click through and wait for each page to load takes about 3x as long to read.)
For more information (such as our mailing address), review requests, author interviews, and all other inquiries, please email email@example.com.
Love in Panels collects personal information in three ways:
- Blog Subscriptions
- Blog Comments
- Giveaway Entries
Here's how we use that information:
Blog subscription emails are just that - you sign up to allow us to send our blog posts directly to your inbox on an instant or weekly basis. You can unsubscribe at any time with the link at the bottom of the email.
Blog comments: your email address is only used for the purpose of emailing you future blog comments if you choose to have them sent to you. We do not use that email address for anything else, ever, unless you want us to.
Giveaway entries: your email address and/or Twitter handle is used to identify your entry and to contact you if you have won. We will only ask for your mailing address if you have won a print copy of a book, and will not use it for anything else.
You may request to be forgotten (we delete your info) at any time.
In summary, you must opt-in to any of our contact methods and can opt-out at any time. We won't sell or give your information to anyone, with the exception of author giveaways and then only with your specific, one-time consent.
We'll treat your info as we would want you to treat ours!